Monday, July 4, 2011

Good morning suprise!

So I let my dog out the front door the other morning and he goes tearing off to the right chasing a bird! Meanwhile, I am sitting on the front steps and hear a tiny little "meow" over and over. I look between the bushes and the house and see this little kitten coming my way. No mama in sight. Hunter, in the meanwhile is STILL chasing birds! Now, for a side note, my husband has been HOUNDING me to get a kitten, but as he already has 2 big birtha cats, that do nothing but cause problems, I kept saying no.


However I could not in good conscience leave this poor defenseless and dare I say it, cute, kitten out there to fend for itself. So I took it and showed the kids, called the husband, emailed him pictures and yes, we now have a new member of the family. I told the kids they had to wait on their dad to come home to name it, but they started calling it mystery, and since it had a M stripe on it's forhead, figured that would probably stick.



It was such a snuggler! I thought it should be called Maggie, and my husband agreed.....until he got home and discovered Maggie was a boy, so it became "Gibbs" from the show NCIS! I thought McGee would have been better, but the husband and kids seem to like Gibbs, so even though I rescued it, I think I lost the battle on the name!


NOW Hunter figures out to check him out!!! So have the Old gals Chris already had, and let me tell you, Gibbs has had them having to be a little more active and aware and a little less.....shall we say rocking chair cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena