Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fifties fascination

It all started when I was at Half Price Books and found the Retro Housewife book. I fell in love with the "retro" books and now I can't get enough of them. I wish I WAS a 50's housewife! I wish I had the figure of a 50's housewife!!! Or atleast the image they use! hee hee But I do think things were alot better in alot of ways back then. Maybe that's why I am so fascinated with it. I do not limit my love of past housewives to the 1950's though. I am seriously interested in the 1940's housewives and how they dealt with the war on the homefront, rationing etc... and the 1930's housewives and how they dealt with the Depression era, which spawned my favorite expression "Use it up, Wear it out, Make do, or Do with out!" I keep hoping they will come out with more books of the other era housewives like they have these. If you know of any, let ME know! Until then, I will keep browsing through my retro books to get inspired to clean and cook and live life a little more simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena