Sunday, December 19, 2010

Preparing for Christmas part 3

Decorating......


These are our stockings. All the top ones my husband's grandmother, who was in her 90's at the time, hand made! we love and cherrish those. the ones underneath are for our dog and chris' two cats.


DCP_9901


My father in law painted the below ceramics.....


DCP_9900


DCP_9898DCP_9905DCP_9908


DCP_9899DCP_9909


In fact, my father in law painted most of the ceramics we have! He was very talented.


DCP_9906DCP_9895

Last year I decided to start collecting a new Christmas waterglobe each year. We have plenty of ornaments, and I LOVE snowglobes, so therefor, I am happy to have an excuse to start collecting them.

DCP_9897DCP_9904

My friend Jenifer gave me my countdown calendar! It has become a favorite tradition each year. The kids LOVE counting down to Christmas by moving each piece "onto" the picture as each day goes by.


DCP_9885DCP_9887DCP_9894

So excited about my village this year. Some of it was handed down to me from my mom, two pieces were bought on clearance last year and a large bulk of it was bought for a steal at a garge sale this past summer!


The below picture, the kids made for us one year and I absolutely love it! In case you can't see it, it is from "the painter elves"! I hang it back up each year. Love Love Love, my snowman under my clock as well! ;-)


DCP_9902DCP_9903


On into my kitchen, this is the first year i put garland ontop of my kitchen pantry, i really like it!



DCP_9913DCP_9914DCP_9912

DCP_9911DCP_9915

It's very hard to see in the picture but there are lights in the greenery above the cabnets and it is sooo pretty at night!

Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena