Monday, May 30, 2011

I hear voices.....

we had such a busy weekend, but a good one. while working in the kitchen, i had the radio on and the song "i hear voices" came on. the singer talks about hearing the voices of people who had given him advice etc... anyway, it got me to thinking of the things i remember people saying that still stick with me......i remember my grandma saying "look for something before you ask where it is".....that was a big one that now is a pet peeve of mine when people don't look first....wonder if she had it said to her when she was young as well and it became a pet peeve of hers! lol  i also hear my mom saying "don't fight other people's battles for them, you'll just get yourself in more trouble then them".....how true that one was! unfortunetly had to live that one for it to sink in.  i hear my dad telling me "be careful what you say, once it's out there you can appoligize but the damage is done"  i do TRY to remember that one when i am mad, but sometimes my anger gets ahold of my mouth before my memory does. when i look at the stars at night, i hear my cousin telling me "i think the stars are made from flashlights", no, that is not any kind of advice but a fun memory of us laying in my granny's trailer and coming up with silly little ideas of what things were made from. i can hear my granny's laugh, my aunt's laugh, my brother calling my name.....none of it advice by just voices i hear when i think of them....anyway, just something i was thinking about......wonder what voices other people hear and what they are saying.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena