Monday, May 2, 2011

Old Records

So, a few YEARS ago, my mom gave me this software. It's to use to convert old records, cassettes, 8 tracks (yes I DO know how old THOSE are!) all over to a cd or mp3 file. Great idea RIGHT?! YES! IF it was user friendly. Me, being technology lacking, am not so friendly when using this! Btw, I finally found said software again, after finally cleaning and organizing my room!




At first I was so excited! I read the directions, they seemed pretty simple. I COULD DO THIS! I got out all the old records I wanted to start with! (don't look at the ugly carpet they are sitting on, it's horrific, but they want us to pay money to replace it)  I couldn't wait to be listening to them on my ipod! I had visions of getting them on my Dad's ipod and getting him to actually USE the ipod we gave him....a few year's ago.





Well, after THINKING I was doing it right, and playing 19 songs, then realizing, I had "converted" dead air, I THOUGHT I had the problem figured out. So I REPLAYED those same 19 songs.....to no avail. And now, my once clean and organized desk, now looks like this.......and I am sick of 19 oldies songs after trying a third time to do this.


I decided to create this post so I could feel I accomplished something today in regards to technology. Although I don't know why the pictures seem so small, but for sanity sake, I will say to protect you from the glaring reality of the how bad the mess actualy was.
So I am calling it a day, well night, and will try again tomorrow. I'm a little closer, I have gotten them to where you can play them off the cd, and you can play ONE of the songs (the first one) in my ITunes directory, but I need to be able to play all of them in my ITunes as well as label them......but that will have to be accomplished on another day!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry, can't help with the music, but do I want to know why your iron is on your desk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, because i had been ironing earlier and had not got it put away! that is how my desk ends up messy! lol i end up doing that ALOT! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this software, but it sounds like something I NEED!!!

    And I don't think you desk looks messy, so you can probably guess what mine looks like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. jill, this is after it had originally just gotten cleaned, so this messy is not a usual messy, but still messy compared to the recent cleanliness....did you follow that? lol
    you'll have to look that software up. you can probably figure it out a heck of a lot better than i have! lol

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena