Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 4


AHHH! The memories! Today, my brother called and said he had a box of stuff for me. He's been cleaning out his house and whenever people do that, I some how get offered the cast offs! LOL. Hey, one man's trash is another man's treasure! In this case, it really was a treasure. He had been given a big box of games from my grandmother's house after she had passed away. Games and toys that we played with while growing up there. As I went through the box with my daughter (at 9 o'clock at night!), a flood of memories came back to me! These were the games we grew up on! And while yes, some are still around, such as Aggravation, they no longer look the same.....


I mean do you remember when the checker pieces were WOOD and not plastic!


Still not sure what the piece below is. I have put a picture out on facebook hoping someone might recognize it and help me out.


It was funny to see the games like "Easy Money" which is like either a predicessor or generic version of Pay Day! lol Or "Careers" which is an awful lot like Life!
 I also found an old 1978 Tonka Toy Gas Station, that I can remember spending more time trying to remember how to assemble it, than actually playing with it! But for me, that was the fun part! It's missing some pieces now, but I actually found one on ebay that's also missing some pieces. Debating on buying it and seeing if two "parts" can make one whole! At any rate, it sure was fun going down memory lane with a bunch of old games/toys........

1 comment:

 

Made by Lena