Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 9



So TODAY, the temps were very spring like and so I told the kids "get out there while you can!". And so, Frankie, in true Frankie fashion, puts on his winter coat and pulls up the hat! I think that kid thinks it's a hoody sweatshirt. Once the coat goes on, it usually doesn't come off until he gets home! Oh well, they got out there anyway! I told them the trampoline time could count as their 30 mins of PE. Gracie went out earilier with me though and had already put in a good 45 mins. I went out to take stock of all the yard projects we are going to have and to burn some stuff in the burn barrell. I love the smell of burning trash (it was mostly paper and boxes, so it wasn't stinky stuff) however I always worry when it gets real smokey if someone is going to think the garage is on fire and call 911 and the firestation down the road will show up. We called once, not long after we moved in because it smelled like something electrical was on fire in the air outside, and they came lights and sirens! I was so embarrassed, then I was more embarrassed when they couldn't find anything. The weird thing was, when you walked through the middle of the yard it was very hot but there was no rhyme or reason.....The other "experience" I had with the firemen, one day I was out blowing leaves in the front yard with the leaf blower, (those things are really loud btw) and the truck was on it's way back from a run. Well they must have come from a boring run and needed some excitement, because as they got close to where I was, they blasted the sirens real quick to startle me and they are lucky they didn't have to turn around and get me out of the tree I just about jumped in when they did it!!! See if I send any Halloween candy THEIR way! They TRICKED me for sure! WOW! I can really get off track can't I?!  Now, how did all that come from a post about how nice the weather was today..... THIS is why my house is full of 1/2 fiished projects, my mind easily goes from one thing to the next without any reasoning...... You've heard of the 7 degrees of seperation, I can easily do that with my thoughts as well and be able to come back full circle!

2 comments:

  1. hilarious, Angi...all of it, but esp. the firemen who scared you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jill, if you didn't comment, i don't think i would believe ANYONE else reads these...howeverrrrr, that might be a blessing in disguise! lol

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena