Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 6


So today I spent the day helping my friend Barb go through her attic and sort, purge and organize. It's so much easier to do someone else's stuff than your own! LOL. But I have to say she was a good sport about it. She also has a nice attic space (better than my basement) for storing stuff, I ended up quite jealous of it! At any rate, we worked hard all day! However, when I planned my menu for the month, obviously days that you plan stuff last minute are not taken into account. So I was not able to fix the "planned" meal of grilled basil chicken. However I improvised with a meal I did have on the menu, just for a different day....Grandad's chilli. The bad thing is, no matter how I try or do exactly what he does, mine never tastes the same. It didn't help that I had no macaroni, so I had to substitute broken pieces of spaghetti. At any rate, I have watched him make it. I have tried to copy what he does, but it never comes out like his. But we made do with what I made. It was better than eating our or grabbing a pizza like we usually do when I have been super busy all day.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena