Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Daily Grind

I am always afraid to write down my plans or goals, because it seems as soon as I do, they are jinxed. I make a long menu plan, and daily goal plans, that I have been doing really good with, but as soon as I put pen to paper, I seem to jinx it and it all falls apart. However I am determined to persevere and keep trying! I have most of my menu through to the end of April planned, and my daily to do list until after Easter down. Hopefully I will accomplish more than what I have on that list, but if I only get the things done on that list.... atleast SOMETHING wil have gotten done. I know there are several books on how to run your home like a business, but unfortunetly, I was never any good in the business world, that's why I became a stay at home mom!
Yesterday, I got alot accomplished, and it didn't seem like much until I wrote it all down. Therefor, I think I am going to start writing down all I get done in a day....Yesterday's was the following:
Made breakfast, lunch and dinner.....that is an accomplishment in of itself, as we have been eating out alot lately!~
Did laundry alllll day! ....It's still going today, sheets and blankets take a long time to wash, especially if they have piled up....
Cut out and sewed 2 more pairs of coulots for Gracie...not as simple as it sounds, as she is very particular about her shorts, and so I was constantly making adjustments. I had cut out and sewed one other pair the night before.
Worked on garden and fenced it in ... this involved putting more dirt into the beds that the dog had dug the dirt out of! Some of the dirt had gotten wet, so lifting shovel fulls of wet soil is hard work (that was probably good for me, but I can't acknowledge that) ....as far as fencing it in (to keep said dog out in the future), well my husband ACTUALLY did this, but I did start the process and hammered in a few of the stakes, but after seeing me miss the stakes and hit the fencing, one too many times, well, he decided to take over....
Weeded in between the bushes ....these bushes are the ones a few weeks ago I took the time to lay wet newspaper (per pinterest),and then put down mulch so I would not have to weed! However some persistent weeds have found their way out (probably to the tune of "I'm a survivor"). So I pulled them and then covered those areas with cardboard and recovered with the mulch.
Pruned and weeded the blackberry bushes ...hopefully I will only have to do this once this year. I am using the approach that worked out front between THOSE bushes, where I cut/pull the grass and let it lay there as the mulch to keep new grass from growing. I also watched a video on pruning blackberry bushes on Pinterest (yes some people actually put those ideas to use and not just repin them), and hopefully we will not only get more berries this year, but have better access to them.
Changed the sheets on my bed...I have been doing this often as the dogs insist on climbing in with me, no matter how hard I try to keep them on TOP of the blankets, one inevitably finds his way UNDER and the other one goes  under in search of the first. Therefor the sheets/blankets need changed often, therefore all the laundry in the above chore...
Put away clean clothes ...this is actually remarkable for me as they often sit in the basket until I need them, then I curse myself for letting them sit there getting all wrinkled when I need to wear them!
Made menu through the next month along with chore to do list (while soaking in a nice hot bath, see I can multitask) ...Let's hope I stick to it!
All this while juggling two homeschooling kids and a husband....who needs the business world, I have enough in my own little home world! Plus the benefits are much more....beneficial to me!

1 comment:

 

Made by Lena