Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring is in the air...

What has taken up all my blogging time! I have been super busy as of late, with what you may ask, well, let me just share a few of the things that have been going on.....

First, I must say, I am dissappointed in the lack of storms we have had so far this spring. However one did produce some good thunder and lightening for a short period. It even gave us a bit of hail. Not as much as others, who got baseball size, but enough the kids and I were a little....over dramatic about it! But just like people, it came in all different sizes......
                                                      What the hail???
                                  It was even blown onto the covered porch!

Along with spring, came my husbands 2 week vacation for being with the company so long. He coulndn't have picked a nicer two weeks! We were able to get outside and get alot of the projects done BEFORE the yard got the better of us. We got the back fenced cleared and sprayed with weed preventer, we got the garden moved (3rd times a charm, right?) , 4 new raised beds made, 4 new large pots bought, and cardboard laid down, then the beds/pots, then surrounded by mulch and then filled with dirt! THAT was a long two days. Later  I planted the peas. And since we have had such unusually warm, record breaking warmth, with no change in sight, I decided to gamble (they only way I will ever be doing that lol ) and go ahead and plant things you aren't normally supposed to until later. I figure, if we do drop low enough for a frost, I should know ahead enough to cover them.

We also got to the bushes along the fence in time. This year, I layed wet newspaper down before mulching, hoping it will keep the weeds at bay. They are prickly little boogers that come up there!

And I got my tomato plants started indoors. Gracie is trying some flowers, however, I do not see her getting much farther than when Frank tried it a few years ago. Hey I admit I have a brown thumb when it comes to flowers. It may just turn out they do too!

As usual, I am now not able to let a holiday go by without decorating for it. Partly because we are finally financially able to afford for me to buy the decorations! lol. Sooo right after Valentines Day, I put up my St.Patrick's Day. Now that it is over, I have up my Easter decorations, but this was then and not now! :-)

Loved this material (it looks better in person I promise) but could not decide what to use it for. Finally after I got everything up, I decided I needed a table cloth on the coffee table and this material would be perfect, so away I went to JoAnn Fabric to get the material I had been coveting for about a week!
Little dangly shamrocks from the curtains.... There were more decorations, but that is all I wanted to put on this already full blog.

And last but not least, I have tried my hand at quilting, in ernst. A family friend was having a baby girl. And the green, pink and brown were her nursery colors. I decided to make a quilt (using my new and barely used accuquilt to cut the squares) and am pretty pleased how it turned out. So was my husband, for now I am making him one for our 15 year anniversary! After that, my daughter has requested one! Oh boy, not sure when I will get back on here again with all the "orders" my family has put in!
There have been some other things that I don't have pictures of, well not that I will be posting anyway. For instance my long desire to get the vaneer bonding off my teeth and get braces on to permanently straighten them and then be able to whiten them! Plus all the homeschool we have been doing. Our second trip to Great Wolfe Lodge, where not only did they loose power, the fire alarm went off (so they had to corrall everybody to the back of the building) and someone did SOMETHING in the wave pool which required all swimmers to leave that part of the park and an employee to go in with gloves and a net.... Not our favorite visit! lol  And finally, I admit, my pinterest addiction. However it is starting to wane a bit as I feel I have seen just about all I can. I keep seeing things I already pinned about 70 zillion times! I want to tell eveyrone, just go onto my boards and I have taken care of all your pinning needs! lol So now I am working on actually achieving some of those pins! But I would like to get better about my blogging. I obviously did not make it far on my picture a day. But that is o.k. I'm still living it, just not photographing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena