Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's the little things

This year I am trying to make more time for myself. Time to spend on making ME better so I can BE better for my family. I think it's easy to fall into self pity and martar thoughts when we give everything to everyone else and never make time or spend money on ME. Selfish? Maybe, but if I am constantly begruding giving everything to everyone else, then I might as well not do anything for everyone because it is not in the right spirit. So far this year, I have paid to have my hair colored (which included a trim). I do not think I have ever in my life paid to have my hair colored and only a few times have I ever paid to have it cut. I also decided (with my husbands blessing) to have the vaneers taken off my teeth (they were put on in 8th grade) and get braces to finally straighten them once and for all (plus afterwards I can whiten them which I have always wanted to do). It turns out, that selfish act may have saved one of my teeth. Because the vaneer was not allowing the tooth under to get very clean and it was starting to rot away....eww gross! I know, that is what I thought too!
I also have been trying to make time to excersise, but as spring has come early and that involves much yard work along with inside work, that goal has not been achieved as well. But I have done better about my water intake and my skin has shown that dramatic improvement.
Finally, today, I really went all out. I was tired of painting my nails only to have it peel off the same day. So tonite, I actually paid for the more expensive nail polish and am hoping THAT will make the difference. It's so fun to look down and see my fingers look so pretty (as pretty as big man hands can). Although, if I don't stop typing, I think it will all continue to get messed up, as it's evidently not quite dry enough. So goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena