Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dentist Drama

(Saw this Pic on Pinterest and thought it was funny)


So I went in to the dentist today (4th and last visit in the past 2 months) to get the last of my fillings done. I was dreading it! My dentist will only do one side at a time and lucky me had one in each corner! BTW, I got rid of the bubble gum, and will now only use sugar free WHEN I can chew gum again. Well the last 2 visits have left me in pain, so I was NOT looking forard to this one, but I was going to "woman up" and get it over with. I walked out the door forgetting my ipod, which I use to attempt to block out some of the drilling noise, so I was dreading it even more so. I get there and the front desk lady said she was proud of me for keeping all my visits. I guess some people decide they would rather let their teeth rot away and not get them filled....believe me, the thought had crossed my mind after the last visit!

So I get in the chair and the dentist comes in and I ask "how are you doing" to which he replies, "not too good. I have to go to the cardiologist Monday, they are talking about maybe having to put a pacemaker in". He goes on to explain how his blood pressure was really high right then, and how he started out the day feeling ok, but not so much right then. I ask, if his heart is racing, then is it hard to breathe, he said ya. OK. I did NOT go to college, but I am kinda thinking, heart racing, hard to breathe, do I want you inside my mouth with big needles and a drill....ummm, no! So I joked and said, uh, do you want to reschedule? THANKFULLY he said "really?  you wouldn't mind?" Uhh DUH! He said he would not offer to still do it if he didn't think he was able but.....   BUT I don't want to be the patient he figures out he was NOT ok to work on after the fact! LOL So, twist my arm to have to put off a visit I was dreading, + he offered to take $100 off my return visit for helping him out! BONUS!!! Heck ya, I'll reschedule, any time doc!  I am sooo glad I have a friendly dentist who tells me his whoa's so I know what I'm in for! :-)  So instead I went and did a little shopping and came home and worked in the yard (after downloading some new hymns onto my ipod). Good Day! GOOOOOD Day! Thank you Jesus for watching out for both me and my dentist!

1 comment:

 

Made by Lena